BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Thought On Grace


A few sundays ago, I heard a sermon that has stuck with me and given me a calmness that I was once afraid of letting myself feel.My amazingly anointed pastor preached a sermon about GRACE.God's beautiful grace. I know there are many times when we give up on ourselves because we feel God has given up on us. Please,give yourself a moment to rethink that notion because this is never the case. This is where God's grace and mercy comes in. You see grace is not a chore that you have to constantly work on in order to keep.It is a gift.A free gift that liberates us from the many chains that bind us in life.Simply put, Grace is unmerited and undeserved favor. It brings salvation no matter how wide your ocean of sin is. I believe God gave us this gift because it allows Him to forget our yesterday and opens a new window for our tomorrow.Grace restores us to God's heart and empowers us to succeed.

Anytime there is difficulty in any area of your life, have enough faith to declare grace and favor into that situation and believe me when I tell you it changes everything.This beautiful gift allows us to overcome our weaknesses and shortcomings. As we go through the deserts and storms in our life, we have to realize that our human strength is not enough to carry us through. Sometimes God will not save us from getting into the fire but he will deliver us in the fire,leaving a mark of pain so that we will not forget that it was by His grace and mercy alone that we were not consumed. At the end of the day I have come to realize that we are liberated and forever forgiven. Not because we deserve it,but because from His throne of grace God constanty dips His hand into the basin of mercy and washes us daily.

0 comments: