BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Remember Me

We stood hand in hand
Blindly swaying with our feet deeply buried in the sand
Remember you holding on so tight knowing I was your salvation
And I believing you were my ever present redemption
Do you recall that silent unforeseen wind
The one that blew in from that shattered and inglorious past
Swiftly blowing your lifeless garments away with a grin
Remember the hand that clutched your bare neck
Unrepentantly taking your breath and all life without touch
Forcing you to the sinking ground on your way to hells deck
Your pleading would not have done much
I wonder if you can still hear that small stable voice
That filled your hidden void
Mocking your every advancement
Reminding you daily of your Mephibosheth
Your crying shame
You can see my face at every turn can you not?
When the skin splitting wind blew your covering away
I, with little care for my own nakedness took off
My frail garments to cover you
Over my protesting mind, my heart gave to you anyway
These arms still remember every life draining hand it had to fight off
Every bone it has had to break, every piece of flesh that’s been ripped off
Every strand of hair I have had to loose
Every breath of strength that has left my ever weakening body for you
Every glimmer of hope I have sustained for you
Because I could not let them have you.
I could not stand aside as the finger of lies and accusation beckoned
I could not bare to see your chest heaving in tears of agony and regret
I dared not stand aside as you drowned in the burden of your shame and despair
With all your glorious flaws you were enough
Just enough for me to pick up
Not because I was able
But because my heart, without judgment, understood
And my mind, without pause remembered a place of grace
Which gave me the free gift of calling you my own
But now this wind has brought in a drought
And I, once your salvation, have become a broken house
Abandoned by all the beauty which once announced me
My new garment is now being stripped away
So I look to see if you are removing your own to cover me
But your fingers have not moved towards me
There air in me is loosing its home because the hand of defeat will not let me be
But why are you not risking a broken bone and a torn flesh so I can live
Am looking to you to tell me not to give in to voice that is forcing me into insanity
But you stand motionless, lips unmoving
Why are you not giving me blood, I have bled a river
How can you watch me die when you know I have no other healer
No do not look away now
Look at me and never forget to remember
That this blood was once yours
That this lifeless body was once yours
That this shame and nakedness was once yours
Never forget that you watched me die because your heart did not understand
Nor did you care for the sacrifice I made with these hands
I hope you never forget to remember
That you once wore these worthless shoes
Always remember
That I was once you.

0 comments: